Marketplace Quant Developer
Job ID: 10400
Salary range: $4,000 to $4,500 USD Monthly
Are you excited about recreating and optimizing algorithms? Are you passionate about the worldwide marketplace and FX impacts? Do you possess strong development, analytical, and communication skills to scale operations? Then this opportunity is for you.
What you will be doing
As our Marketplace Quant Developer, you will be the technical-quantitative leader in charge of recreating and optimizing the algorithm which determines the company’s marketplace exchange rates and spreads. As a fully democratic and free dollar market, the company’s marketplace is sometimes the most accurate FX source. Your job will be to make that a reality with a technical architecture capable of scaling the operation 10x.
We pride ourselves on having this great responsibility, and your job will demonstrate our commitment to our clients and their need for financial freedom.
- Design and implement the new exchange rates and spread algorithm from scratch using the company’s marketplace behavior and external reference sources.
- Lead the technical refactor of the company’s marketplace pricing architecture and algorithms using cutting-edge technologies, like AI, quantitative analysis, and predictive models.
- Design, test, and implement technical functions to balance markets by country or payment methods, maximizing transaction acceptance and completion.
- Develop from scratch processes that automated the analysis and monitor market acceptance, completion, and cancelation rates in real-time, considering times across markets, transaction types and sizes, and user segments.
- Passion for technology, software development, and mathematics.
- Strong programming skills, as the job required 80% – 90% of the time coding.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- 3+ years of experience programming FX models, financial algorithms, financial risk models or brokerage trading algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience with platform development, system design, object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages like C++, C#, Python or Java.
- Proficiency with Structured Query Language (SQL), PostgreSQL / Redshift is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Remarkable attention to detail and strong analytical mindset.
- Capability to adapt to a fast-moving work environment, be autonomous, be afraid to make decisions, and feel comfortable with uncertainty.
Nice to have
- An understanding of or exposure to FX markets.
- Proven experience with machine learning or deep learning.
- Proficient in libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, SciKit-Learn, etc.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent field.
- Experience applying uncertainty quantification in computational and real-world applications.
- Experience developing with version control software, such as Git.
What we offer
- $4,000 to $4,500 USD/Monthly.
- Benefits package above required by law.
Executive and Professional Search